The best food that you can feed your pet! B.A.R.F. is an acronym that means Biologically Appropriate Raw Food. It is a complete and carefully balanced blend of raw meat, organs and bone. Our formula mimics what nature has designed our dogs to thrive on in the wild. The result is a pet free of allergies, digestive problems, and full of life.
Why Feed Raw?
For over 800,000 years the ancestors of our beloved canines hunted their prey and consumed a variety of animals ranging from squirrels to deer. Since the domestication of the Gray Wolf, the anatomy of the dog has remained fairly consistent, differing in genetic make-up by only 0.2%. To put this in perspective, apart from the proportional difference in size, the internal organs of a little Chihuahua are identical to those of a wolf.
The fact is a raw food diet is what nature intended for your canine and there are a number of undeniable benefits that eating a raw diet- consisting of a balanced composition of protein, bones and organs, referred to as Biologically Appropriate Raw Food (B.A.R.F.) – can have on your dogs’ health and overall well-being. Dogs don’t require the added supplements or vitamins that are sprayed on the over-cooked kibble sold by many pet food brands. On the contrary, without the burst of excessive vitamins found in some commercial food, puppies are able to follow their natural course of growth. The modern puppy requires raw meaty bones to facilitate the consumption of calcium and phosphorus in their perfect balances and form; together with other minerals found in a raw diet, they will aid in the appropriate formation of growing bones and joints.
Raw meat, when supplemented with other natural meat ingredients like green tripe, provides a healthy and balanced diet that will boost your dog’s energy, focus, immune system and neural functioning substantially. When you feed your canine a diet that is in sync with their natural physiology you are investing in and taking responsibility for their health and happiness.
|Cleaner Teeth & Gums|
|Less Digestive Problems|
|Less Vet Visits!|
Benefits of a Raw Diet:
Once you switch to a B.A.R.F. diet you will notice a difference in the overall health and well-being of your canine. Here are some of the changes you’ll notice:
- Better Overall Smell: Many dog-lovers have grown accustomed to the slightly malodourous scent that dogs seem to have naturally- or so we thought. In truth, we needn’t contend with the odour. Feeding B.A.R.F. leads to a better smelling dog (and happier human nostrils)
- Cleaner Teeth & Gums: If you’ve ever tried brushing your dog’s teeth or giving your dog processed dental chews (with crossed fingers they actually enjoy the taste of them) you know the struggle that is maintaining your dog’s dental hygiene. Under a B.A.R.F. diet, dogs naturally have less tartar and require no dental treatments.
- Healthier Skin, Shinier Coat, Less Shedding, Itching, Skin Irritations or Dry Skin: Just as when humans eat more healthily and include lots of water, fruits and vegetables in their diet there are changes in the quality of their bodies, the same goes for dogs. On a B.A.R.F. diet dogs see a boost in skin and coat quality.
- Smaller, Inoffensive Stool: Who can argue with not having to pick up mammoth-sized super stinky poops from the sidewalk? Smaller, inoffensive-smelling stools are a good thing for both you and your pet.
- Fewer Digestive Problems: Dogs simply have a harder time digesting commercial dog foods that are over infused with supplementary vitamins that contain altered enzymes, denatured proteins, artificial flavouring and indigestible grains. On a kibble diet, many dogs suffer from a number of issues including obesity, diabetes, cancer and a range of other digestive issues. The chewing required by raw meaty bones prepares the stomach for a proper digestion.
- You Know Exactly What Your Pet is Eating: You can be certain of the ingredients when feeding a raw diet because what you see is what you get; no long unpronounceable ingredients or artificial flavouring when feeding B.A.R.F.
- Longer Life: Your canine will live longer on a B.A.R.F. diet than those raised on a commercial food diet. A study conducted in Belgium utilized data from more than 500 domestic dogs over a consecutive five year period. The authors, Kippert and Sapy explained in their essay, “Relation Between the Domestic Dogs’ Well Being and Life Expectancy”, that dogs fed a more high quality species appropriate diet lived almost 3 years longer than dogs fed an industrial, commercial pet food diet.
- Fewer Vet Visits: Because your dog is in better shape overall on a B.A.R.F. diet, there is less of a need for frequent vet visits. The results of a clinical trial suggest that 74.7% of common diseases in dogs and 63% of common diseases in cats can be eliminated without medical intervention over a period of one year with proper diet modifications.
- You Pay Less: Some dog-owners are under the impression that feeding raw can negatively affect your budget. But if you consider the money saved on vet bills and the fact that so-called high-quality, premium dog food is very expensive; you find that a raw diet is actually far less expensive. At King’s Raw, we have tried to make feeding raw as affordable as possible so that your canine or feline can reap the benefits of a healthy and balanced diet.
So, why feed raw? …Why not? It’s only natural!